WHAT IS CONTENT ID?
Content ID is the ability to monetize your music on 3rd party videos. In other words, any use of your audio in a video from a channel you do not own.
WHO CAN USE CONTENT ID?
As long as you have 100% exclusive rights to the audio content you are claiming you can enable content ID for your track. If any part of your release is in the "non-exclusive content" list, you are not eligible for Content ID.
DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUTUBE CONTENT ID?
Yes. YouTube Content ID is a feature for our paid Pro users, and a small additional fee if you are a Beginner user.
WHAT IS EXCLUSIVE CONTENT?
Exclusive content is any track that does not contain a free or leased beat. Any audio content that is widely used cannot be claimed for YouTube content ID.
Here are some examples of non-exclusive content:
- “best of's and compilations;
- mashups, DJ mixes, and remixes of other works;
- music or video for which you hold non-exclusive rights;
- recordings of performances (including concerts, events, speeches, shows);
- Public domain content;
- karaoke content;
- sound effects and generic sounds;
- re-recordings of classical compositions;
- unlicensed music and video.
If you have any questions regarding Content ID please submit a ticket to support. https://tracco.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new